Your Guide To Achieve SACE

An Overview of SACE (South Australian Certificate of Education)

In today’s competitive world, it is important for students to have the right skills and capabilities for a successful career. SACE or South Australian Certificate of Education is one such modern and internationally recognised senior secondary qualification that provides the students with all the necessary skills and knowledge. SACE students are able to learn a variety of subjects that can help them participate in this fast-changing world.

SACE allows students to choose subjects more flexibly giving importance to their interests and future goals. However, there are certain requirements that students must fulfil to achieve the South Australian Certificate of Education.

CrunchGrade’s SACE tutors have provided this guide to help you understand how SACE works and how you shall prepare for it. You must also connect with our tutors through SACE coaching sessions online and prepare well for your SACE assessments. Our tutors can answer as many questions as you have for SACE.

SACE Stage 1 and Stage 2

SACE subjects not only offer you the required literacy and numeracy skills but also valuable problem-solving and critical thinking capabilities. Students learn to work with others and understand how their decisions affect other people and even the entire society. This aspect of SACE enables students to become informed citizens of society.

The SACE courses are completed in two stages - Stage 1 and Stage 2. Generally, students start with stage 1 subjects in Year 11 and then follow stage 2 subjects in Year 12. Before completing stage 1, it is necessary for students to complete the Personal Learning Plan in Year 10.

While you study SACE in a school, you will have to choose certain subjects at each stage. The subjects have either 10 or 20 credits associated with them. The subjects with 10 credits are usually one semester-long while the subjects with 20 credits take two semesters to complete. Students are given more than 60 SACE subjects to choose from.

If you are confused which subjects you shall pick in Stage 1 and Stage 2, our SACE tutors can guide you through. Our SCAE tutors understand the credit system perfectly and can help you decide which subjects shall be best for you.

The Requirements for South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE)

SACE Requirements can be categorized as Compulsory and Non-Compulsory requirements. Including both these requirements, a student has to achieve 200 SACE credits.

To achieve SACE, here are the compulsory requirements that you must meet. You also need to score at least a C grade at Stage 1 and Stage 2 of SACE for these compulsory subjects.

  • Personal Learning Plan (10 Credits)
  • Numeracy Requirement - A mathematics course in Stage 1 or Stage 2 (10 Credits)
  • Literacy Requirement - An English Subject or Course in Stage 1 or Stage 2 (20 Credits)
  • Research Project - Stage 1 or Stage 2 (10 Credits)

For non-compulsory requirements of SACE, students are given an option to choose from 60 SACE subjects. You can select any subjects of your choice and interest and complete the rest of the credits apart from the compulsory subjects.

What is PLP or Personal Learning Plan for SACE?

PLP or Personal Learning Plan is subject of Stage 1 that is chosen in Year 10. This subject acts as the foundation for Year 11 and Year 12 for SACE. PLP consists of 10 credits and one has to achieve at least a C grade in this subject.

CrunchGrade offers complete SACE tuition online all across Australia, where students from South Australia can learn from teachers with 99 ATAR scores and exceptional SACE grades. Our SACE coaching is known for its innovative learning platform where students and teachers can interact without any hassle and discuss the topics easily.

How SACE Subjects are Useful in Today’s World?

The SACE curriculum is designed to help every student understand their own capabilities. This curriculum is created by keeping in mind that there is a separate life beyond the classroom that every student has to explore. Hence, they must be prepared well for the same. Students will understand that it is not the subject knowledge that is important to them but also the life skills and personal capabilities. Here’s how SACE allows you to pursue your interests:

  • Literacy - This includes the skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking. Studying these subjects can be useful in fields such as psychology, journalism, law, marketing and human resources.
  • Numeracy - If you develop good mathematical skills and are able to solve number problems easily you can find a way in fields such as accounting, engineering, construction, gaming, economics and architecture.
  • Information and Communication Technology - These subjects ensure that you think logically and learn how the technology works. You can further find a career in telecommunications, media, programming, computer science, information technology, cybersecurity and defence.
  • Creative Thinking - SACE subjects also ensure that you get familiar with the skills that are applicable everywhere in the world. Such subjects make you capable of thinking logically and innovatively. They open doors of fields like advertising, graphic designing, film and television, social work, construction and music.

CrucnhGrade can help you choose the right skill that will be useful in making a successful career. Our SACE tutors are well-versed with the requirements and guidelines of SACE. Seek guidance from them any time through our online sessions.

How are the SACE Subjects Assessed?

SACE Assessment is done differently in stage 1 and stage 2. For stage 1, the assessment is conducted by school teachers. Based on the students’ performance in each subject they are assigned a grade between A to E. The assessments tasks are also further checked by SACE external moderators.

In stage 2, 70% of the assessment is done at school by school teachers and then further by an external SACE moderator, just like stage 1. The remaining 30% of the assessments that include exams and assignments are done outside the school by SACE markers. The students are given grades from A+ to E-.

At CrunchGrade you will find the complete study material for SACE including mock tests and previous year papers. Our SACE tutors will not only help you grasp the concepts but will ensure that you understand how to write effective answers.

How are the SACE Subjects Assessed?

SACE Assessment is done differently in stage 1 and stage 2. For stage 1, the assessment is conducted by school teachers. Based on the students’ performance in each subject they are assigned a grade between A to E. The assessments tasks are also further checked by SACE external moderators.

In stage 2, 70% of the assessment is done at school by school teachers and then further by an external SACE moderator, just like stage 1. The remaining 30% of the assessments that include exams and assignments are done outside the school by SACE markers. The students are given grades from A+ to E-.

At CrunchGrade you will find the complete study material for SACE including mock tests and previous year papers. Our SACE tutors will not only help you grasp the concepts but will ensure that you understand how to write effective answers.

South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) FAQs

SACE stands for South Australian Certificate of Education. This is a senior secondary qualification designed as per the changing requirements of today’s world.

To achieve SACE or South Australian Certificate of Education, students must earn 200 credits (combines in Year 11 and Year 12).

Every student who registers for SACE is provided with a SACE number which they can use to see their results on the Students Online Platform of South Australian Certificate of Education.

SACE courses are divided into two stages - Stage 1 and Stage 2. Stage 1 courses are to be completed in Year 11. Stage 2 Courses are to be completed in Year 12. Stage 1 courses are assessed by school teachers and are marked by an external SACE moderator.

Preparing for SACE can be overwhelming at times as you need to achieve 200 credits. CrucnhGrafde can be your study pattern in SACE stage 1 and stage 2. With our SACE Tuition online you can study from the best SACE tutors of Australia from the comfort of your homes. Our highly-experienced SACE tutors can help you identify how to master the assessments and exams. Their to-the-point feedback will help you perform well in every SACE subject and achieve better grades.