School Responsibilities & Duties of Students for Success in Life
Student life is the happiest and the most crucial period in the life of a person. It is not just about attending classes in a course and working hard to attain an appropriate level of mastery of a subject under the guidance of an instructor. Student life is a phase where a person acquires the values of hard work for better grades, discipline, punctuality, teamwork, unity, and more, and strives to become a successful and good human being. It is a period that shapes an individual and prepares them to face the upcoming challenges of life with courage and strength.
As learners, students play a crucial and active role in education. They involve and interact with students and teachers, participate in classroom discussions, and act in a receptive manner. With changing times, the role of learners in education has got subverted from a facilitator to a task monitor. They collect materials for learning and assignments, check on their study times, put back materials at their respective places after using them, and more. Developing excellent communication skills, being friendly and polite, and making practical applications of what they learn are some of the major roles that students play as learners in education.
A school is the second home of a student. Students spend a significant portion of their lives in schools apart from what parents teach them at home. Therefore, to ensure that they remain safe and healthy, they have been entrusted with various rights.
Some of the rights of students in schools and classrooms are:
- Speech rights: – Students cannot be punished for exercising free speech rights, even if school administrators disapprove of what they are saying.
- Immigrant rights: – Schools are not allowed to discriminate among students based on race, colour, national origin, et cetera.
- Disability rights: – Schools cannot discriminate among people with disabilities, nor can they deny them equal access to academic courses, health services, school technologies, and more.
With great powers come great responsibilities. With rights come duties. Students are the future of a nation, and teachers and parents need to groom and nurture the kids in a manner that they grow up to become responsible and able leaders. Thus, apart from being entrusted with rights, students are entrusted with responsibilities and duties that they are expected to perform and help in the development of society.
Charity begins at home, and school is the second home of students. Every student has some responsibilities towards the institutions they are studying in. They are given duties to perform, which they are expected to discharge efficiently.
Students play an active role in classrooms. Apart from the classroom or traditional learning, the world of education and learning is changing rapidly. Find out how traditional learning differs from online learning.
Some of the roles and responsibilities of students in classroom management are:
- Being in their best of behaviours: An educational environment is required to ensure that the students get access to an excellent education. But, for that environment to exist, they are expected to comply with behavioural expectations and display values of politeness, kindness, compassion, and respect.
- Meeting academic expectations: Students must meet the academic expectations by creating a collaborative learning environment and displaying values of teamwork and unity.
- Being respectful and punctual: By being respectful, students contribute to a quality learning environment and reduce disruptions and disciplinary actions. Students are also supposed to be punctual. Being late for class creates a negative impact on their grades. Thus, students must maintain discipline in the classroom.
Besides performing duties towards their class, students play an important role in managing their school.
Given below is a list of ten duties that students should perform in school:
- Obey the teachers
- Maintain discipline in the class
- Keep the school neat
- Greet everyone with a smile
- Be helpful
- Abide by the rules of the school
- Complete the assigned work on time
- Participate in the activities organized in the school
- Co-operate with the teachers
- Decorate their school with charts, posters, et cetera
Students play a crucial role in managing their schools and classrooms. But, that is not enough for them. Ultimately, students are expected to come out of their comfort zones as able leaders and contribute to the development of the society they are living in.
The various responsibilities of students towards their school and society are:
Eradicate literacy by using their acquired skills, and teach others to read and write. One way of achieving this goal can be actively participating in literary campaigns organized by schools and imparting mass education.
- Fight anti-social activities of a few corrupt people.
- Work with the teachers and other staff members of the school to uplift the socially and economically disadvantaged groups, blind children, and orphans.
- Be sensitive towards their environment, and devise ways to protect their environment from pollution, fight energy crises, and more. Some ways of doing this are keeping their localities and school clean and tidy, practising reuse, recycling, and reducing, et cetera.
- Students are the future of their nation, and it is important for them to actively participate in cultural, social, political, and economic affairs, striving to be the change they wish to see around themselves.
We sincerely hope you’ve got a solid idea about the responsibilities and duties of being a student.
At times, you may face a dilemma about whether to seek outside help for academics. Some of the students have a hard time grasping tough concepts or some are shy in raising their hands in class which ultimately leads to bad grades. In such a situation, online learning could be the best available option for you. It is not only cheaper but you also save a ton of time travelling.
Still, confused about online learning? Book a tutor for FREE!! Happy Learning!!
The first 30 Minutes are FREE!!